Wednesday 15 November 2017

Challenge me a Christmas Card with Therese Calvird

Welcome! Last year, I did a series on my blog where I asked people to set me a Christmas card challenge. This year, I'm stepping it up a notch, by asking crafty friends to join me!
How cool is this graphic!! My crafty friend, Kylie Purtell, made it especially for me! YAY!  You can check out her blog HERE.

Today, the challenge theme is The Night Before Christmas.

My special guest today is Therese Calvird - you can check out her take on this challenge HERE.

Here's my take:
I stamped all of the reindeer, trying to match the image to their name just a bit, and then I hand-wrote the lines from the poem.
 Now Dasher! Now Dancer!
 Now Prancer and Vixen!
On Comet! On Cupid! 
On Donner and Blitzen! 


And then my Dad suggested that you can't have the 8 reindeer without the 9th, so I added Rudolph inside the card.  
I used the "Little reindeer agenda" stamp set from Mama Elephant - they're just so cute!
I actually made 2 cards for this challenge, but I decided that the first one I made was too similar to a card I made a few years ago (it had a mouse in a Christmas stocking, and the sentiment "Not a creature was stirring".) I'm glad I decided to make a new card - this one is much more fun!

Thanks for visiting :) 

5 comments:

  1. it is indeed a fun card, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from Therese’s blog! This is super cute and I think your dad was right. Rudolph looks great on the inside! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely fabulous Michelle, and so darn cute! LOVE your Father's idea of hiding Rudolf inside the card, maybe I should consult him for some of my designs too (my hubby is not the most helpful wink). Also, I just want to say a big thank you for including me in your challenge this year, I totally had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.....so soo sooo cute....love it..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic - such an original take on your theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.