Sunday 27 August 2017

Green happy birthday

Not entirely sure I'm happy with this card - I keep thinking I should have just cut the panels straight across, rather than try to follow the pattern in the MFT background stamp to create an opening in the panel for the sentiment. Not sure. What do you think?

I stamped the Floral Fantasy background stamp from My Favorite Things onto watercolour paper, then white embossed. I coloured with 4 different green/teal Zig markers, and sprayed with water and heat set. Colour, water, heat, repeat until happy. The sentiment is from Clearly Gina K, white embossed onto a pool notecard from Hero Arts.

Thanks for visiting :)

4 comments:

  1. Your coloring in your embossed panel is so beautiful ... and after looking at your card for awhile, I've decided I like your idea of cutting your panel by following the design. It's all very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful greens/teals in this one. Looks great against the green cardstock. I think I prefer the straight across cut, but this is very interesting and unique. I do like that it allows space for the ascenders and descenders. I wonder if a diagonal straight cut might work? I dunno, but I DO know those colors are gorgeous together!! And I really like that you stepped out of your comfort zone to try something different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the technique & colors, but I do agree with you...probably a straight cut or a cut where the it looks like the panels could be pieced back together would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the panels accommodate the D and the Y. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.