Sunday 19 March 2017

Off the edge, and a CASE

I had a birthday card to make today for a special friend. I decided to combine two challenges - to CASE a designer at Where Creativity meets C9, and Off the Edge at CASual Fridays.


I chose to case Lindsey Larsen's card from September last year - she used flowers across the top of her card, and a bold sentiment with a mixture of fonts (the sentiment is from CASual Fridays and from Concord & 9th). You can check out her card HERE.  I mixed it up by cutting the top edge of my card around some of the Concord & 9th floral image.
I stamped in Old Paper Distress ink, then coloured with Zig clean color real brush markers and water. I stamped the image over the top of the watercolouring with Old Paper again to add a bit more definition, but I was going for an "almost not there" kind of look, so didn't want a bold outline, which is why I chose Distress Ink - I knew it would diffuse into the water.  I did, however, want a bold sentiment, so the first line is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and the "lovely" is stamped multiple times with Hero Arts Soft Blossom shadow ink.  I finished with a little Wink of Stella on the flowers and some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

http://www.wherecreativitymeetsc9.com/ch7/http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/cfc169-off-edge.html


Thanks for visiting :)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Your flowers turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I don't have the courage to cut around the flowers as you have done. Truly a special card for a special someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this card is absolutely fabulous! I'm so flattered you would choose a card of mine to CASE. I LOVE how you trimmed the flowers out across the top. I would have never thought to do that and it looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Michelle! I love those soft, pretty colors. I'm so glad you joined us in the Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you went off the edge with this clever cutting! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.