Sunday, 19 March 2017

Off the edge, and a CASE

I had a birthday card to make today for a special friend. I decided to combine two challenges - to CASE a designer at Where Creativity meets C9, and Off the Edge at CASual Fridays.


I chose to case Lindsey Larsen's card from September last year - she used flowers across the top of her card, and a bold sentiment with a mixture of fonts (the sentiment is from CASual Fridays and from Concord & 9th). You can check out her card HERE.  I mixed it up by cutting the top edge of my card around some of the Concord & 9th floral image.
I stamped in Old Paper Distress ink, then coloured with Zig clean color real brush markers and water. I stamped the image over the top of the watercolouring with Old Paper again to add a bit more definition, but I was going for an "almost not there" kind of look, so didn't want a bold outline, which is why I chose Distress Ink - I knew it would diffuse into the water.  I did, however, want a bold sentiment, so the first line is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and the "lovely" is stamped multiple times with Hero Arts Soft Blossom shadow ink.  I finished with a little Wink of Stella on the flowers and some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

http://www.wherecreativitymeetsc9.com/ch7/http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com.au/2017/03/cfc169-off-edge.html


Thanks for visiting :)

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Your flowers turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I don't have the courage to cut around the flowers as you have done. Truly a special card for a special someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this card is absolutely fabulous! I'm so flattered you would choose a card of mine to CASE. I LOVE how you trimmed the flowers out across the top. I would have never thought to do that and it looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Michelle! I love those soft, pretty colors. I'm so glad you joined us in the Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!