Monday, 5 December 2016

Christmas tags

I wanted to make some simple, quick Christmas tags today on some white cardstock I'd already cut with a tag top (cut with a punch from Stampin' Up).  I started thinking I would stamp the outline "Peace Poinsettias" from Hero Arts in black, then stamp the solid poinsettia inside the outline to colour it. But at some stage, I changed my mind. 

I pulled out my Inktense pencils and coloured them, before adding some water (I didn't use watercolour paper, I had to be sparing with the water). I then decided I needed a background colour, so I pulled out a Distress Ink reinker in Tumbled Glass, and painted it close to the poinsettias.  I then thought I was done, until I looked at my desk and saw my Wink of Stella brush, and I had to add some glimmer.  The last thing I did on the cardstock was decide that the space in the bottom right would not be for my to/from message, but for a sentiment from Avery Elle, which I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, and clear heat embossed. The final step was to add some red ribbon with white polka dots.
 Thanks for visiting :)  I'll be back again tomorrow with another "Challenge me a Christmas Card" post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!