Sunday 27 November 2016

Challenge me a Christmas Card 13

Welcome back to another challenge - today, I have a card using the colours in peacock feathers (as requested by my friend, Tamara), but unlike me, I didn't use the namesake Distress Ink!
I started with some watercolour cardstock, and I coloured it with Color Burst powders in Indigo and Turquoise. I used mainly water to mix the colours, but then some Perfect Pearls mixed with water to finish. When it was completely dry, I die-cut the "Kate" snowflake from Simon Says Stamp multiple times, being careful to keep every last little piece. I also cut three snowflakes from silver glitter paper.  Then the fun began (not) - trying to fit all those little pieces back in was tricky, to say the least!
I finished with a sentiment from Hero Arts stamped in Intense Black ink.
I will be sharing this project at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - the theme is Christmas to die for (ie use die cuts)


http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-christmas-to-die-for/

I'll also be sharing this card at Time Out challenge, where the theme is Christmas with an optional
twist of glitter or shimmer.

Thanks for visiting - come back soon! 

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card Michelle, such gorgeous colours and the snowflakes look amazing pieced back into the panel, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! The inking and snowflakes are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Michelle! Kate is my favourite snowflake & your patience has paid off as it looks wonderful inlaid in your coloured panel.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can only imagine how fiddly it must have been to do all that inlaid die cutting - but so worth it! Your card is spectacular! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slave to your art!!! I feel your pain, I did something similar with an intricate butterfly die once. But this is three of them - argh! It turned out beautifully. I think the colours in the strip are also so so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Time Out! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Gorgeous colors, and I love the inlaid technique you used with the snowflakes--worth all that work. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.