Saturday 13 February 2016

Three cards from one background

I'm here today to share three cards I made using my all time favourite Hero Arts background stamp, along with a new favourite sentiment stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.
This month, our challenge theme at A Blog Named Hero is A bit of Sparkle. I've added some sparkle with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins, but there is also some shimmer on the patterned panel - a liberal dose of Perfect Pearls mist over the watercoloured cardstock gives some elegant shine.

I made the coloured panel by white heat embossing the "flower dot pattern" background stamp from Hero Arts onto some Canson watercolour cardstock (unfortunately, that stamp is discontinued, but there are lots of other Hero Arts background stamps that would work well). I then added some dark pink and some royal blue Gansei Tambi watercolour and let it blend a bit, before spraying the entire panel with Perfect Pearls mist.  I then cut the piece into three using a couple of Lawn Fawn dies, and added them to some white cardstock from Simon Says Stamp. I stamped the sentiments (also from Simon Says Stamp) using my MISTI, to make sure they were stamped straight, and to allow me to stamp multiple times to get a nice crisp black sentiment.   
I love being able to make multiple cards at once - making three did not take much more time than making just one!


 Please join in with our month long challenge at A Blog Named Hero, "A bit of Sparkle". You will find the Inlinkz in the first post of this month HERE.

http://handmade-by-michelle.blogspot.com.au/


Thanks for visiting :)

1 comment:

  1. You've been productive!! What a great way to divide the watercolour panel and make multiple cards!! And each one look very different and beautiful, well done!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.