Wednesday 4 February 2015

Hello, twins

A friend of mine asked for a baby card for twins, so I thought I'd join in with both Lawnscaping's Clean and Simple challenge, and Virginia's View Shaker card challenge.  Now, I've never made a shaker card before today.  Never. So it was a bit of a steep learning curve, and I must say I'm not very inclined to make another one!  However, I am happy with the finished product. 
On the background, I used the technique of using Versamark to create shadows on a panel of solid ink (Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Pool), which I learned in the recent Online Card Class.  I created a stencil to apply the Versamark using some Lawn Fawn cloud dies.   All the stamps are also Lawn Fawn - from "Plus One" and also "Hello Baby".  I had to create an extra bundle for the stork to carry with some creative masking (I've done this a number of times before with this stamp).  The window was cut with a Stitched Circle die from Lil' Inker Designs. 
 Thanks for visiting :)

http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/virginia-view-challenge-12.htmlhttp://lawnscaping.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/lawnscaping-challenge-99-clean-and.html



14 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Not too often you see a baby card for twins... so nice to see you created one! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...this is so cute! Sweet shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally adorable!! I love that you used that ink technique in the background. I have been so scared to try it! The effect rocks on your card!! This is just a fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE this shaker card and how you made this special just for twins. Just adore this! Thank you for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! This is great in general but WOW on a first try! Great job with your background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness!! adorable card! i love that sweet little shaker scene! so cute!! and twins!! i have a twin brother myself, so i am always partial to twin things! :) thank you so much for playing along this week with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle, such a sweety!
    Sequin-clouds - what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME!! Love the circle window for the shaker card design, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Shaker Cards” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute shaker card! It is so sweet, and I love the colors you used too! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Shaker, so SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! You did awesome for your first try at a shaker. Looks fabulous. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet Michelle, lovely CAS and great to make a special baby shaker card

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe it was your first shaker card, Michelle! You are a PRO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.