Thursday 21 November 2013

Glassy Christmas bauble

This is my 3rd post for today - for my A Blog Named Hero post, please click HERE.

The Online Card Class today was all about making masculine and feminine versions of a card - you can see my masculine card HERE, and here's the feminine version:
 I could have been content just having the glittery "Swirl Ornament" die from Memory Box, cut from Stampin' Up Glimmer paper, sitting on top of the "Classic Ornament" in plain white, but I wanted to add some detail, without drawing attention away from the bauble, and without making the card too fussy - so out came good old Glossy Accents!  It makes the bauble look like glass!
It's a bit hard to see, but the card base is subtly-textured white cardstock - I think it's called "hammered" cardstock, and it's lovely and thick, as well as having a gorgeous texture.  I recently replenished my stock at Doggetts :)
The "Woodland Branch" die looked a bit out of place in white, so I cut a kraft version and dabbed on some Distress Paint in Picket Fence (this is the first time I've used any Distress Paint, and I love it!)  Also being used for the first time (because it arrived in the mail this morning!) is the "Stitched Mats: Rectangles" die set from Lil' Inker Designs - LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I think this set is going to be well loved! 
The sentiment stamp is from A Muse Artstamps, stamped in Smokey Grey Versafine Ink.
 Thanks for visiting - have a great day :)

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card! Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the glassy bauble, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Like the glass bauble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I think using the glossy accents was a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classy and elegant; so eye-catching! You've showcased the bauble beautifully and yes, you will LOVE your LID rectangles! Mine are 'must use' for nearly every card (not sure how I crafted without them!!)
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. another beautiful card. Just started following you too as I am often looking at your gorgeous cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.