Sunday 25 November 2012

Some non-traditional colours for Christmas

I made this card this afternoon, using Stampin' Up snowflake stamps, Versamark and white embossing powder, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks, and a Papertrey Ink sentiment (plus some bling).
 My brother commented that he doesn't like non-traditional colours (in other words, every Christmas card should be red and green), but my niece (Miss 6) decided I should try something different - and she chose Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord - talk about non-traditional!!


I'll be submitting this card to CASual Fridays "Winter Blues" , to Less is More Glamour and Glitz, and to Addicted to CAS Challenge- SNOW

PS have you been checking out the Christmas-travaganza over at A Blog Named Hero??!?!?!?! A whole heap of Christmassy inspirational goodness from November 22nd until Christmas Eve!  Stay tuned for my guest spot closer to Christmas! Yay!!



13 comments:

  1. Wonderful snowflakes!! I LOVE the non traditional colours :) and Miss 6 did a fantastic job picking her colours too. Thanks so mucb for playing in our first challenge at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty Michelle, I love emboss resist!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite technique - emboss resist! Love the colours, both the blue-non traditional one and the colours Miss 6 has chosen! Thank you for playing along with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both very beautiful cards. Great work on the resist technique.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the pink is just fab! Lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this design and the colours are gorgeous.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love these michelle.. i might just have to CASe you

    thanks so much for joining us this week

    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Michelle, your inking and embossing are SUPERB!! Love the shine and composition! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the non traditional colors - what a lovely snowflake card! Thanks for joining us at the ATCAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both colour ways - helped by the stamping being spot on in both. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love both the colours. Will make a good card set gift:) Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty in both colours,just love them:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.