Monday 3 October 2011

Some challenges

I decided that I needed to step outside my comfort zone today, and make something using a challenge that didn't immediately appeal to me.  I found two that fit the bill, so I combined them :)

The colours are from this week's Just Add Ink #87 colour challenge,  and the layout is from Card Patterns - sketch 135.
The "Pool Party" strip in the background is embossed with a Sizzix folder in the Big Shot, and then I sponged some Broken China Distress ink over the raised areas.  The white circles on the Kraft (a.k.a. "Crumb Cake" in SU speak) are white heat embossed - it's a bit hard to see the shine in the photo, though. :(



4 comments:

  1. I love the colour combo combined with CP's great sketch and your faux stitching around the edge. You've made a beautiful CAS card. Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Michelle. Love that sentiment and your faux stitching is the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you stepped outside your comfort zone and came up with a lovely card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the simple beauty of your card. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.