Thursday 21 July 2011

Week 4, card 8, Summer Card Camp - I'm over my fear of patterned papers :)

After a few very full-on days at work, I've come home tonight with swollen glands and not feeling the best.  However, I really wanted to make another card tonight, so it had to be an easy one.

I also had a pile of patterned papers in this week's colour scheme that I'd pulled out on Monday and they were sitting on the desk.  So I decided to use them - ALL AT ONCE!!!  For someone who is scared of putting different patterned papers together, this Summer Card Camp has been a great opportunity to challenge myself and, with Kristina Werners tips, I think I'm over my patterned-paper-matching phobia :)
 
Post Script - I got onto the Summer Card Camp website after I made this card, to find that Kristina's video tutorial for today is about using repetition in cards!  LOL!  I must be psychic!  

3 comments:

  1. Love the card and how you mixed all the patterned papers. The hints of blue and green behind the sentiment look totally fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's the colours (blues and greens are my faves, but of all your summer-camp cards I love this card best of all so far!!! Oh, and don't think I didn't notice the little trick with the overlapping greeting. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they always make my day!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) in the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.